Trick and treat yourself to a stylish Autumn with Portmeirion
The season for all things spooktacular, October not only provides the excuse to carve pumpkins, top up your treat bowls and get your costumes out of the loft, but it’s also the season to appreciate the most colourful and cosy time of year, autumn.
Explore our favourite Halloween baking ideas and how to transform your seasonal table styling from drab to fab with our top tips on creating beautiful autumn tabletop colour schemes.
Eat, drink, and be scary!
There’s no better excuse to raid the kitchen cupboards and get baking than the fa‐boo‐lous occasion of Halloween. With Halloween baking ideas in abundance, we’ve decided to take the hassle out of finding the perfect recipe, and share with your our love at first bite Halloween cake pops, which will guarantee you to become the ghostess with the mostess.
To make Halloween cake pops you’ll need a spare 35 minutes and the following ingredients:
‐ 100g of Madeira cake
‐ 100g of Oreo biscuits
‐ 100g milk chocolate, melted
‐ 200g white chocolate, melted
‐ 10 wooden skewers
1) To begin, break up your Madeira cake and Oreo biscuits into a food processor, pouring in the melted milk chocolate before mixing.
2) Tip your mixture into a bowl and using your hands create ten evenly shaped balls, and then put them to chill for two hours until they become firm.
3) Skewer each cake pop ball, and then dip each one into the melted white chocolate, ensuring each one is completely covered. You will need to stand your cake pops into something sturdy to avoid them from falling over (a pumpkin can work well!).
4) Whilst the chocolate is still wet, decorate with your favourite treats – the spookier looking the better.
5) Once decorated, chill once again, and once firm, your Halloween cake pops are ready to eat. Bone appetit!
Dress (your table) to impress
No time of year is cosier than the warm feeling of autumn. After stepping inside from the crisp outdoors, there’s nothing better than gathering around the dinner table for a warm and hearty home cooked meal. When thinking of the most striking part of autumn, it has to be the colours of nature changing right
in front of your eyes. Neither too bright nor too muted, the colour schemes of autumn range from a beautiful array of reds and greens to warming colours of orange and yellow. Perfect for inspiring your autumn home décor, we’ve pulled together our top tips for bringing these on trend colour schemes straight to your kitchen table, for an on‐trend seasonal look.
1) Accessorise, accessorise, accessorise
Nothing brings a pop of much‐needed colour into your home better than a few well‐placed accessories. In the run up to Halloween (and even after) miniature pumpkins make the perfect tabletop accessory for the season.
2) Add a touch of nature
Autumn is all about nature, so there’s no better way to bring the outdoors in, than adding a colourful bunch of flowers to your autumnal colour schemes. Head into your garden and pick a small bunch of yellow, red and orange flowers, to lift your table with a warming pop of colour.
3) Earth toned tableware
Nothing lights up a kitchen table more than a beautiful tableware collection. This season, our favourite way to lift our autumn home décor is with our award winning Botanic Garden Harmony collection . With a modern take on retro design, the wonderfully tactile and intriguing range, featuring colours of amber, stone, forest green, and moss green, is the perfect way to bring an autumn colour scheme to the kitchen table, without losing the style factor.
No matter how you’re spending the spookiest season of all, we hope it is filled with love, laughter and of course, stylish home décor.