How to make After Eight Cheesecake
How to create a simple After Eight cheesecake
How to make homemade After Eight Cheesecake
This recipe is a real showstopper, perfect for everyday baking and occasions. With a creamy filling and buttery biscuit base, who can resist this classic dinner party dessert?
120g digestive biscuits
300g pack of After Eight
50g unsalted butter, plus 5g for greasing
700g light cream cheese
150g caster sugar
200ml reduced fat soured cream
3tbsp plain flour
4 free‐range eggs
2tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
2. Grease and line the base of a 23cm cake tin with unsalted butter.
3. Crush the biscuits.
4. Melt the unsalted butter and add the biscuitcrumbs, stir to combine then place in the base of the cake tin and spread in an even layer.
5. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until golden,then remove until cool.
6. For the filling, beat together the light cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
7. Add reduced fat sour cream and flour and beat again.
8. Gradually add the eggs and vanilla essence, beating well between each addition.
9. Pour the cream cheese mix onto the biscuit base.
10. Place the After Eights onto your cheesecake mix and bake in the oven for an hour.
11. Once the cheesecake is cooked, leave it to cool in the oven ‐ this prevents the top from cracking.
12. Allow the cheesecake to cool completely before removing from the tin.
13. Serve and enjoy!
You can download a printable version here!
We hope you enjoy making this delicious treat!
As always we would love to see your creations, don't forget to tag us on social media or use #Portmeirion