The Creepy Chic Table - Halloween Table Ideas
It’s Halloween, which means it’s time to get creative! Here’s a spooktacular table idea to entertain friends and family this Halloween.
Halloween 2017 is around the corner so we thought we would do a little experimenting on how to make it a ghoulishly stylish affair. We all seem to be doing something different here at Portmeirion group. Some of us are hosting a full Halloween party, some are just having a casual (or not so casual!) Halloween family dinner and some of us are just adding a supernatural touch of decoration to our homes for a little fun. With that in mind, here’s some of our fang-tastic and Halloween inspo for 2017 – DIY Halloween table centrepieces/decoration ideas and spooky Halloween table ideas.
How to recreate the look…
This theme is for those looking to create a truly frightful, fine-dining experience. Using props that are easy to pick up and simple to lay out, this centrepiece is sure to impress your guests this Halloween.
You will need:
White table cloth Black velvet table runner (available to purchase at The Range)
Roll of black webbing (available to purchase at The Range)
Hanging bat decorations (available to purchase here at Sainsbury’s)
Black 2 or 3 tier cake stand (or similar)
White cobwebs (available to purchase here at Sainsbury’s)
1 large Raven (available to purchase here at Sainsbury’s)
2 x mini Raven (available to purchase here at Sainsbury’s)
Artificial roses (the more sinister, the better)
Skull bunting (available to purchase here at The Range)
Munchkins (miniature pumpkins, you can find these in your local supermarket)
Blood red napkins
Fine bone china tableware – Royal Worcester Serendipity Gold
Following these simple steps
1. Lay your white tablecloth onto your table and add the black webbing and velvet runner as a foundation.
2. Place the cake stand in the centre of the table, scattering your artificial roses on which ever tier is most visible. Add your one of your mini Raven’s to the cake stand.
3. Put your church candles on each side of the centrepiece and place the remaining Raven’s amongst them.
4. Set your table with the finest bone China (the more layers the better!) and add your munchkins.
5. To add an extra scary touch, use the hanging bat decorations as napkin rings.
6. Finally, tease long strands of white cobweb and drape over the whole table. Once the cobwebs are in position (being careful to avoid the flames) it’s time to finish the table by lighting the candles!