Easy Pancake Recipe with Just 3 Ingredients
Our easy pancake recipe will have you whipping up delicious stacks of pancakes with just 3 ingredients!
No matter how old you are, there’s nothing quite as exciting as a delicious stack of pancakes for breakfast. Light, sweet and fluffy, pancakes are the ultimate indulgent breakfast, simply whip up the batter, fry them for a couple of minutes and add toppings to your heart’s content. So whether you’re looking for the perfect, easy pancake recipe for Shrove Tuesday, or you simply want to make a special Sunday brunch – our fool proof recipe makes the perfect pancakes every single time – plus, they’re vegan too, so everyone can enjoy them!
Why do we Eat Pancakes on Shrove Tuesday?
Shrove Tuesday is an exciting event each year, with stacks of pancakes and tempting toppings adorning kitchen tables all across the world. However, many of us celebrate the day devouring delicious pancakes, without knowing why it is celebrated.
Historically, Pancake Day was a Christian tradition, where a feast would be had the day before the beginning of Lent on Ash Wednesday. Pancakes were made as a way to use up all of the rich foods such as eggs, milk, flour and sugar from the pantry before fasting for 40 days in the lead-up to Easter.
Easy 3-Ingredient Vegan Pancake Recipe
These easy 3-ingredient vegan pancakes can be made with things you’ll already have in your kitchen, simply grab a banana, oats and some milk of your choice to create a stack of delicious, healthy pancakes in no time.
Ingredients (makes 5 pancakes):
- 1 large (or 2 small) banana
- 100g oats*
- 160ml unsweetened almond milk
- Add your ingredients to a blender and blend on high-speed until smooth. Add a little extra almond milk if the batter gets stuck.
- Heat a saucepan on a medium heat and spray with cooking spray to stop the pancakes from sticking.
- Add 3 tbsp of the batter to your heated pan and cook for about 2 minutes, or until bubbles start to form.
- Flip your pancake or use a spatula to turn and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and create a stack on top of each other.
- Serve on your favourite plate with and finish off with your choice of toppings (we love berries and maple syrup!).
So whether you treat yourself to breakfast in bed, or make them for your children as a special Pancake Day indulgence, these delicious pancakes are sure to be enjoyed by all! We’d love to see your creations, so don’t forget to tag us on Instagram for your chance to be featured on our feed.